Marine Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Technician, HVAC
True North Marine is dedicated to the growth of our business as well as the growth of our employees.We value principled team members who are interested in continued growth opportunities. We offer excellent benefits and highly competitive pay. True North Marine realizes that the right people are integral to the success of our organization, and we heavily invest in both on-the-job and formal off site training for our crew.
Applicants must have good communication skills, be able to utilize current mobile technology, and display a high level of professionalism and attention to detail in all they do. Strong logical troubleshooting skills are highly valued. The Marine Electronics/Electrical Technician will learn to perform repairs and installations of navigation, communication, satellite, audio visual, security related marine electronics products, and AC/DC electrical systems. Also required is the ability to design and network various systems, as well as work with customers to determine what products meet their needs. The ability to learn general installation and repair of other marine systems and equipment may be required as well.
· Perform repair and service of air conditioning, refrigeration, and related systems on pleasure boats ranging in size from 30’ to 70’
· Perform service work on site (dockside) in marinas
· Service and repair air conditioning units ranging between 8,000 and 30,000 BTU
· Service and repair refrigeration units, including refrigerant leak repair
· Work with AC and DC electrical systems (12/24 volt DC, 120/240 volt AC)
· Service and repair air conditioning and refrigeration Marine products including Cruisair, Marine Air, Webasto, Adler Barbour, Norcold, Frigoboat, Dometic, etc.
· Have good brazing skills
· Repair/replace plumbing components for water cooled air conditioning systems
· Maintain a well-stocked/equipped/organized vehicle at all times
· Lift at least 50 lbs.
· Work in potentially confined areas of high heat and humidity
· Follow company process and procedures for verbal/written communication on status of jobs
· Create estimates for necessary repair and/or replacement units
· Utilize a smart phone and tablet for communication, documentation, and research
· Perform visual inspections while on board for other needed work
· Applicants must have applicable EPA certifications.
· Experience in industries outside of Marine will be considered (residential, commercial), but must have relevant licenses and certifications.
· Applicants must be able to demonstrate a high level of professionalism, cleanliness, and organization.
· Efficient and logical troubleshooting skills, with the ability to work independently, are required.
· Must be able to interact well with customers, management, and other employees.
· Demonstrate clear communication and good writing skills.
· Must have some computer skills and be able to operate a smart phone and tablet.
· Must be able to use the internet for research.
· Must possess standard tools of the trade.
· Good brazing skills
· Experience with marine systems and manufacturers (Dometic, Cruisair, Marine Air, Adler Barbour, Frigoboat, Webasto, Gruenert, etc.)
· Experience in the marine industry and/or an interest and passion for boating
· We offer competitive pay reflective of skill and experience level, $20-$35.00 per hour.
· Health/Dental benefits
· FSA (flexible spending account)
· Paid holidays
· Company phone
· Company van
· Uniform service
· For the right individuals, excellent opportunity for growth within the company